Friday, December 31, 2010

Los Angeles day 3

On the third day my family didn't have too much in the schedule so we had a relaxing day on the beach. We drove to a beach called Huntington Beach. It was really fun.

The first thing I did was to build a sand castle. I built it on dry sand far away from the sea. Then I went closer to the waves and collected lots of shells to put inside my sand castle.

My sand castle was like a big mountain of sand, but it was hollow inside. After I finished with the first wall, I started on my second wall. When I was just finishing my third wall, A big wave came and just washed away the 2 of the walls. After that, I made my first wall really big and thick, so thick that when I punched the wall, it did not break. When I finished with my 1st wall, I made my second.

This time I really thought my wall was invincible. So I took a break to go to the bathroom. When I came back guess what? The 2 outer walls broke down again! It seemed like the waves only struck my castle when I'm either not ready or gone. I gave up trying to fix the castle over and over.

This time I went further to the waves where I picked up shells. I picked up many colored shells, small ones and big. My sister was really funny because when the waves got into her imaginary circle of 15 feet, she would run away as fast as she could. We played for three hours until we could play no more. Finally, we drove back to our hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment