Saturday, September 25, 2010

My New Crayfish

I bought my new crayfish at Ranch Ninety-Nine. I picked the biggest one with the biggest pincers. They all didn't seem active so I easily got it up. The seller would not listen me or can't hear so I waited for a long time.

On the car the crayfish was turning blue, so I put a little water in the bag holding it. It kept on pinching the water.The color of the crayfish was turning a darker red and black which means it is getting better.

Finally we got home. I searched for a tank to put the crayfish in.I examined it and found out it was male. It did not have an egg pore. An egg pore is a hole that females use to lay eggs. Males have long fin like things on the behind of there tail.

I put it in a pink bowl and fed it fish food. I learned in third grade that they eat fish food when we got crayfish in our classroom. It was not active at the store, so I decided to lift it up. All of a sudden it became more active. It lifted it's pincers up and snapped them at me, so now I decide to not bother it anymore.I have got the crayfish for only one day so I hope that it is fun having a pet crayfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment